Crossovers have a poor visibility than sedans and hatchbacks. This conclusion was reached by experts of the Swiss automobile club Touring Club Suisse.
To determine this, special tests were conducted, in which 69 models of crossovers produced in the period from 2012 to 2017 took part. For each of them, measured the distance, both in front and behind, from which the driver will see a 50-centimeter cone.
The top three front viewers included:
- Suzuki SX4 (3.15 meters);
- Opel Mokka (3,42 meters);
- SsangYong Tivoli (3.46 meters).
The Outsiders were:
- Lexus NX (3.6 meters);
- Mercedes GLC (3.7 meters);
- Peugeot 3008 (5.1 meters).
The worst in terms of visibility from the rear with a result of 16.01 meters was the Honda CR-V. The best is the Suzuki SX4 (8.14 meters).
According to the results of testing all classes of cars absolute leaders on the visibility of steel:
- Opel Adam (2.66 meters);
- Renault Twingo (2.80 meters);
- Smart Forwto (2.83 meters).
- The worst is the Volvo V90 (5.64 meters),
- Peugeot 5008 (5.10 meters);
- Lexus NX (4.6 meters).
At the same time the worst visibility behind – 20 meters – showed Jaguar XE.